Our mission is to bring investor relationship management to the digital age. On the one hand the platform allows registered investors to track and support their investments and on the other hand helps startups to streamline and simplify their investors reporting.
Information we collect: Registration & Profile Information
At the registration process we ask you for your email, name and password. Your pre-, surname and other information you choose to add to your profile will be partially available for public viewing on the Service. We might also utilize your email address to send Service-related notices. Additionally we ask you for more specific information such as company, country or phone number to prove your identity.
We keep your private data strictly confidential. This includes
- password details
- provided payment information
- IP and e-Mail addresses
Investory.io may use several tools to help understand the use of the Service. Therefor please have a look at the “Third Party Services” section.
Shared with your connections
As a company you share public and private data with you shareholders or colleagues. These parties are able to see information such as company’s description, team, timeline information and KPIs. At any time you are able to add and remove respective parties.
As a shareholder you will receive a company’s description, team, timeline information and KPIs. Communication can be done via comments or also private messaging. This will always be private.
Every user has its own profile on investory.io. Entrepreneurs and Investors profile information such as investors name, entrepreneurs name, company name (if applicable), areas of interest, city and country are available for public.
- We try to keep your personal information as centralized as possible at investory.io. Nevertheless there may occur a situation where we have to use or share User Information. This happens e.g. by responding to court orders, legal process, in order to investigations, preventions or other actions regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our platform. We may also have to share User Information in order to respond to claims that postings or other content violates the rights of third parties.
- Additionally investory.io does not own and is not responsible for User Information that you authorize to retrieve or submit to our platform or services. You as the user shall be solely responsible for the quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use all User Information, and you shall be responsible for the deletion, correction, destruction, damage, loss or failure to store any User Information, not invesotry.io.
- We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of investory.io (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
- If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions for investory.io, this content will be treated as non-confidential and we will be free to use such information for any purpose.
- Investory.io is a startup. We develop and push our business and may buy or sell assets or business offerings. User, email, and visitor information is one of the transferred business assets in these transactions including, without limitation, personally identifiable information and other information regarding your relationship with us.
The protection of your data is our top priority. To protect our accounts we use authentication procedures, encryption techniques and other tools to provide a safe and trustful product. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to investory.io or warrant that your information on investory.io may not be accessed, disclosed, or destroyed by breach of our physical, technical, or managerial security measurements.
Third Party Services
Investory.io may use several tools to help understand the use of the Service. These tools may also receive this information and their use of it is governed by their Privacy Policies. Investory.io is not liable for losses arising due to misuse/illegal use of the personal data by third parties.
- Facebook, linkedin and Twitter OAuth Application: For registration, investory.io uses OAuth technology and apps of Facebook, linkedin and Twitter. By registering and authorising the respective application, the user/customer grants investory.io access rights to the data of the selected social media accounts. In the case of Facebook this concerns: user profile information and reading posts from the timeline.The Twitter application requests the following rights: user profile information and reading posts from the timeline.The linkedin application requests the following rights: user profile information and reading posts from the timeline.
- Mixpanel: This website uses Mixpanel, a piece of software for the analysis of user accessing. Mixpanel uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are saved on your computer and which allow analysis of the user’s/customer’s use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about the use of this internet presence by the user/customer is saved on the server of the provider. The user/customer can prevent the installation of the cookies by making an appropriate adjustment to their browser software; Investory.io points out to the user/customer, however, that in this case the user/customer may not be able to use all functions of this website in their full extent.
- MailChimp: For the administration of the mailing list and the sending of the newsletter of Investory.io, Investory.io uses the mailing service “MailChimp”. For the sending of transactional e-mails, Investory.io uses the mailing service “Mandrill”. MailChimp and Mandrill are provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Ste 404 Atlanta, GA 30318. This company is a member of the so-called Safe Harbour agreement, a special data privacy agreement between the European Union and the United States. The user/customer can find other information on data privacy conditions of MailChimp and Mandrill at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ and http://mandrill.com/privacy/. These services enable Investory.io to administer a databank with e-mail contacts, in order to communicate with the user/customer by e-mail. The services administer data about the date and time at which an e-mail has been read by the user/customer, and about when the user/customer has interacted with incoming e-mail messages, e.g. by clicking on links contained in the e-mail.
- Social Media Plugins: Facebook plugins (like button): plugins of the social network Facebook (1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA) are incorporated into this website. The Facebook plugins can be recognised by the user/customer by the Facebook logo, the “like button” on this website. The user/customer can find an overview of the Facebook plugins here: http://developers.Facebook.com/docs/plugins/. If the user/customer visits this website, a direct connection is established between their browser and the Facebook server via the plugin. Facebook thereby receives the information that the user/customer with their IP address has visited this website. If the user/customer clicks on the Facebook “like button” while being logged on in their Facebook account, they can link the contents of this website on their Facebook profile. Due to this, Facebook can assign the visit of the pages of Investory.io to the user account of the user/customer. Investory.io points out that it, as the provider of the pages, receives no knowledge of the transferred data or its use by Facebook. The user/customer can find more information on this in the data privacy statement of Facebook at: http://de- de.Facebook.com/policy.php. If the user/customer does not want Facebook to be able to assign the visit of the pages of Investory.io to their Facebook user account, the user/customer is advised to please log out of their Facebook user account. (Source: Facebook Disclaimer of eRecht24.de). Twitter: the functions of the service Twitter are incorporated into this website. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., (1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA). Due to the use of Twitter and the function “Re-Tweet”, the websites visited by the user/customer are associated with their Twitter account and made known to other users. Data is here also transferred to Twitter. Investory.io points out that it, as the provider of this website, receives no knowledge of the content of the transferred data or of its use by Twitter. The user/customer can find more information on this in the data privacy statement of Twitter at http://twitter.com/privacy. The user/customer can change the data privacy settings on Twitter in the account settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings. (Source: eRecht24.de)
Cookies, Log Files, IP Addresses, Information About Your Computer and Mobile Device
Cookies are files which are sent to the user’s server when a particular website is called and which is sent back again when the site is accessed again. They typically contain data about visited websites, which the web browser saves during surfing on the internet. They can mean, for example, that the user/customer does not have to log in again when repeatedly visiting an encrypted page and can save information about complex internet behaviour of the user and convey this to the server. You can prevent the saving of cookies by making the appropriate adjustment to your browser software; we point out, however, that in this case you may possibly not be able to use all functions of this website in their full extent.
Log Files, IP Addresses, and Information About Your Computer and Mobile Device information about Log Files is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. By using investory.io and our services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Links to and content from other web pages
User obligations and responsibilities
You are the owner of your data and solely responsible for the shared information. As user you can of course adjust or delete your account. Investory.io woll responsibly use all efforts to remove your data from our servers.